Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Changes

I haven't been very good with keeping up my blog. I have good intentions and a ton of furniture projects to post, but everything around me is craziness (and I'm not talking about my three kids!) :) If you haven't heard, we are in the middle of a cross country move, from DC to our home state of Texas.

We have been praying for quite some time about moving back home, with our hearts open to God closing that door. It's such a weird feeling to actually pull up roots and go, even though I know with every fiber in me, that it's what we want and what God desires for our family. It's still intimidating to start all over in a place where people already have bonds and history together. When we moved to DC, we had only been married a year, and it was just the two of us starting over together. It was fun and wild and special. I cherish those newlywed years. Fast forward eight years and three kids, starting over as a family of five is a different story. We went to church in our new town on Sunday, and as we were standing in the hallway, nervously awaiting the Sunday school class doors to open, all I could think about was "thank goodness I have a buddy," of course my kids went into their classes brave, tearless, and alone. God is good. We went into church feeling the big Texas welcome and left feeling like we had a place to make friends and serve. It was a milestone day for me.
I want to remember this whirlwind time because we are never ever doing this again. Ha! Stay tuned! I will post about how we staged our townhome to sell before it even went on the market...our last family hike...and making our new home ours...I may cry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment